By Kim Hutchinson, Executive Director, VAFMA
Here is short list of resources for Farmers and Farmers Markets to better assist with finding funding.
Funding Calendars and Listings
- The National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service has a calendar for funding opportunities for agricultural-related grants. These range from specialty crop grants, to advertising and marketing grants for small business owners, to funding for training programs.
- Grants.gov – A system that provides a centralized location for grant seekers to find and apply for federal funding opportunities. You can browse by federal grant category and key words.
- Philanthropy News Digest organizes RFPs by category, due date, and sometimes location. They publish weekly email newsletters in order to notify subscribers when new funding opportunities arise. PND is a very useful resource for finding national grants.
- The Center for Non-Profit Excellence publishes three new funding opportunities a month to a large list of grants and funding opportunities.
- The Foundation Center On-Line Grants Directory – check with your area libraries to see if they have a subscription to this database.
The Farmers Market Coalition shares, and sometimes directly offers farmers market funding opportunities.
Other Funding Links