Welcome to Virginia Farmers Market Association Membership!
The core mission of VAFMA is to support farmers markets through education, while building opportunities of collaboration, networking, advocacy, and innovation that supports the growth and sustainability of farmers markets across the Commonwealth.
Our mission depends on dedicated members like you to support our outreach, build our programs, provide us with valuable feedback, spread the word, develop regional market manager support—the value of your relationship with VAFMA is priceless to these efforts.
VAFMA offers a variety of membership levels for all types of engagement from a farmers’ market manager, to a farmer/vendor, consumer, or supporting organization. We are confident you will find a membership level that best embraces your farmers’ market experience.
ALL LEVELS of membership are annual and include these benefits:
- Education: including workshops, trainings, and regional meetings
- Collaboration: a chance to work with peers, share best practices, work toward shared goals, develop innovative approaches toward farmers market success
- Advocacy: join the voice on policy issues directly affecting farmers markets and the local food movement
- Assistance: from support starting a farmers market to SNAP/EBT & marketing, food safety, and more
- 25% discount for Manage My Market software services
- A 25% discount off the cost of the VAFMA Annual Conference fee
- Membership in the Farmers Market Coalition is included when you join (a $40 value!)
Membership is open to anyone who supports farmers’ markets. There are several levels of membership based on the type of sponsor you are; please note that only Market Members have voting rights.
Please review the levels of membership below to determine which will apply to you OR click HERE for more detailed information. To complete your VAFMA membership, please complete the following:
- Determine your level of membership.
- Click on the ‘Join Now’ link in the related membership box. Clicking on ‘join now’ will direct you to PayPal to pay your membership fee.
- Pay your membership via PayPal.
- Check your email for payment confirmation and a link to complete your VAFMA registration.
- Complete registration which includes a short survey for VAFMA and you will be asked to set up your user name and password for membership login.
If you wish to pay by check OR have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.