This self-paced training curriculum includes all required standards outlined in subpart D of the Produce Safety Rule including visual representations of personal health and hygiene; as well as, content to confidently train farm and packinghouse workers in order to increase their workers’ knowledge, and understanding of science-based health and hygiene practices.
The course will cover:
- An overview of the Produce Safety Rule
- The importance of food safety
- Worker health – knowing the symptoms and reporting
- Worker hygiene – Break areas, proper attire, hand washing, contact with animals, toilet facilities
- Soil Amendment use and handling
- Post-harvest handling and sanitation