Connect with market managers, vendors and other market stakeholders in Virginia through the Virginia Farmers Market listserv! Join the conversation about topics related to farmers markets in Virginia. Experts and newbies are welcome!
Every person who requests to join needs to be affiliated with farmers markets in Virginia in some way.
Subscribe to the Virginia Farmers Markets listserv here. It will link you to a google groups page. Log into your Google/gmail account. Request to join. Let us know your connection to farmers markets in the “Reason for Joining” field.
About this Group
The Virginia Farmers Markets listserv is an open forum for the Virginia’s farmers market community to share their knowledge and questions about farmers market management, promotion, and other topics of concern specific to farmers market vendors, managers, and other market stakeholders.
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription options, including your e-mail address, visit https://groups.google.com/g/virginiafarmersmarkets/about and sign in to your Google account. To unsubscribe, you can also click on the link at the bottom all Virginia Farmers Market Listserv emails.
Reply messages will automatically go only to the original sender unless you ‘Reply to All’ or add firstname.lastname@example.org to the recipients.
To post to this group, send an email to email@example.com.
To explore the archives go to:
You do not have to use a Gmail address to join
If you don’t have a Gmail address, you can still join groups. You need to associate your email address with a Google Account. If you:
Listserv Rules & Guidelines:
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, and e-mail address.
- Keep it courteous. Don’t attack others. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Restrict messages to subjects related specifically for farmers markets.
- Do not post commercial messages on the listserv. You may ask for recommendations on products and services.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- VAFMA and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce and quote postings to this listserv.
- Do not post large attachments to the listserv group.
- Send a message to the entire list only when it contains information from which everyone can benefit. The default for VAFMA’s list is to reply to sender, but ‘reply to all’ will go to the whole list. Please address your replies specifically to the original sender unless you feel your message is pertinent to the discussion and relevant to the group at large.
- Send messages such as “thanks” or “me, too” to individuals– not to the entire list.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from list,” through the listserv.
- When generating a reply to a personal response, do not forward the personal response to the list without first obtaining permission from the sender.
- If you use automatic e-mail reply messages, please unsubscribe from the list while you are away and re-subscribe when you return.
- VAFMA reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on any list for subscribers who violate the listserv rules.
The Virginia Farmers Market Association (VAFMA) is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others; postings represent the viewpoint of the writer and are not endorsed by VAFMA. VAFMA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by VAFMA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall VAFMA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.