The Virginia Farmers Market Association (VAFMA) is seeking an outgoing, organized person to take their Market Manager food safety programs to the next level. VAFMA currently has several successful professional development programs for market managers, with plans for expansion in the future. Current programs include a certification course for new managers, a professional development course for experienced managers, and one-off training programs for members during the year. VAFMA is seeking to bolster the trainings and resources we provide members on the topic of food safety for managers and market vendors.
Duties for this role will include: working with VAFMA leadership to build relationships with state agency staff (VDACS, VDH, VCE), plan and facilitate the annual Food Safety Summit for VAFMA (online via Zoom) with presenters from VDACS, VDH, and VCE, create/identify resources for members to help them follow state rules and regulations, and answer member questions.
Schedule: Schedule will vary week to week over the course of the year. Approximately 15 hours a month. Contract position for $10,000.
Experience and skills: Applicants with VA food safety inspection experience strongly desired.
Other desired skills include:
- Strong organizational/administrative skills
- Ability to communicate with many groups including VAFMA members, agency presenters, and VAFMA leadership in a professional and clear manner.
- Experience in creating trainings and/or adult education.
- Comfort with online technology (Zoom, Google folders, etc). This role is supported by IT assistance.
- Enthusiasm for VAFMA’s goal of providing excellent professional development to market managers and market vendors.
- Experience with basic evaluation and data reporting.
If interested please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2024.