Welcome to the Virginia Farmers Market Association.
Joining VAFMA starts the beginning of your support to our mission:
VAFMA supports farmers markets through education initiatives while building opportunities for collaboration, networking, advocacy, and innovation that supports the growth and sustainability of farmers markets statewide.
Other ways members can support VAFMA:
- Members are integral in spreading the word and encouraging others to also get involved.
- Attend VAFMA’s annual Farmers Market Conference which is held in a different region of the state every year. We utilize the conference to focus on important themes affecting market managers across Virginia. These topics are chosen after much consideration from members, regional board members, and market manager feedback. The conference includes talks, hands-on workshops, and lots of useful information you can directly apply to your markets.
- Join and participate in one of VAFMA’s committees.
- Share your input with the VAFMA board or committee members.
- Connect with other market managers or farmers market supporters in your region. Help them connect to VAFMA.
- Tell us when your market or region has something cool going on. Let us add it to our event calendar.
- Share your ideas and/or resources with us and help us help others.
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with who we are, what we do, and who we serve. If you would like to get more involved with VAFMA, please check out our volunteer page and complete the questionnaire. One of the board members will get back with you and help connect you to a committee or task.
All of the VAFMA team thanks you again!