Dear Friends of VAFMA,
I am pleased to announce VAFMA’s 2023 Board of Directors.
- President: Dr. Omar Faison of Virginia State University
- Vice President: Ricky Kowalewski of Lynchburg Community Market
- Treasurer: Michael Reilly of Foodshed Capital
- Secretary: Meredith Ledlie Johnson of Virginia Cooperative Extension’s Family Nutrition Program
- Blue Ridge: Debbie Edwards of the Blacksburg Farmers Market
- Capital: Stephanie Ganz, food industry writer
- Central: Erin Mann of Erin’s Elderberries
- Coastal: Amy Jordan of We Dig Tidewater LLC
- Northern Virginia: Deb Mathews of Loudoun Valley Homegrown Market Cooperative
- Shenandoah: Megan Marshall of Project Grows
- Southside: Carolyn Cooper Wright of Cooper Family Farms
- Southwest: Lindsey Felty of Appalachian Sustainable Development
Director at Large
- Brooke Love of the Wytheville Farmers Market
Read Board Bios
We are grateful for our retiring board members including Kim Haun, Calib Miller, John and Cappie Montgomery, Natalie Ortiz, Katie Palubicki, and Leslie Vanover.
We are especially appreciative of Hugo Mogollon of FreshFarm for being VAFMA’s President for the past 3 years. His leadership and support have truly been monumental for the association and have given VAFMA the ability to solidify its infrastructure and the capacity to move to the next level.
VAFMA has significant plans for 2023 and values the support of this talented group of people committed to serving Virginia’s farmers markets.
Kim Hutchinson, PhD, MBA
Virginia Farmers Market Association
VAFMA’s mission is to support farmers markets through education initiatives, while building opportunities for collaboration, networking, advocacy, and innovation that supports the growth and sustainability of farmers markets statewide.